Wednesday, October 16, 2013

St. Louis, MO

I spent the past weekend in St. Louis, Missouri, to celebrate the nuptials of my friends from college, Jon & Abra. 

I loved St. Louis! Everyone was so nice and friendly, and I've heard that is custom for this part of the world.

I took a lot of pictures of the famous Gateway Arch.  Unfortunately, due to The Government Shutdown, no one is allowed in the museum or up at the top, so I just had to take photos from afar. A great thing about traveling: You really feel the local country's governmental impact wherever you go! You definitely don't feel that where I live!

The water was red because the St. Louis Cardinals won.  Go Cards! AND The Dodgers were staying at my hotel.


Other things I liked about St. Louis:
1) Lots of culture! We walked through a sculpture park downtown, and on Saturday night everyone hung out at the City Museum. There were beautiful city parks as well.

This was one of the many staircases at the City Museum.  It's like a dinosaur!
2) Everything was really close and it never took a long time to get anywhere!

The wedding was so lovely as well - it took place at the Contemporary Art Museum and was really classy and beautiful, as would be expected.  Congratulations Abra & Jon!


No comments:

Post a Comment