Wednesday, October 2, 2013

First State!

Even though this blog is about future travels, it would be a travesty if I did not write up a past trip that just took place, to Delaware.  It was my first time to the First State, and I couldn't have been more excited! I went to visit my cousin, Michelle, who started college at the University of Delaware this year.  Delaware is a completely different place than anywhere else, and I couldn't wait to fully immerse myself in the culture of Delaware.

I drove up I-95 from DC to Delaware.  What a lovely drive! Not bad traffic and Delaware is so close that my Baltimore-based radio station still was loud and clear by the time I got off the highway and made my way to campus.  Prior to leaving DC, I ate some pierogies.  They continue to be the best.

This is a picture of me and Michelle in Israel when we went on March of the Living together.  Bet you didn't think I could go a blog post without referencing the Holocaust!


In Delaware, Michelle & I walked around campus a bit and made our way to Main Street in Newark (pronounced "New-Ark", not like Newark, NJ) and had frozen yogurt at Yogoberry (not to be confused with Yogiberry).    

The best part of our time together was when Michelle literally walked into a pole.  It was like out of a movie - she ricocheted off the pole and staggered backwards.  Also, strangers laughed at her.  It was a classic Michelle moment.

We had dinner at Homegrown Cafe where we shared a hummus platter and a grilled cheese sandwich.  Both were delicious!

Overall, my First Trip to the First State was a success! My cultural immersion into different parts of the United States is so great so far, and I can't wait to go back!!!!


No comments:

Post a Comment