Tuesday, October 8, 2013

Ft. Lauderdale, FL

I spent a little over 24 hours in Ft. Lauderdale this week.  Here are some fun facts I learned from my shuttle driver:
  • You can take a boat from Ft. Lauderdale to the Bahamas for $120 r/t.  The boat leaves Ft. Lauderdale at 8am, arriving at 10am, and it departs the Bahamas at 8pm.  This sounds like a lot of fun and the next time I make it to Ft. Lauderdale (the world is SO SMALL when you really think about it!) I totally want to do this just to say I did it!
  • Peruvian food is delicious and is a mix of Mexican, Indian, and Chinese
  • Speed camera/red light cameras in Florida are much more expensive than where I live! Oh, cultural differences - it is why traveling abroad and domestically is sooooooo important!
I was in Florida for a work meeting, so there isn't too much excitement to share.  I enjoyed connecting and reconnecting with some colleagues, and I especially enjoyed the humidity.  It's just not the same as humidity in DC, and it is one of my favorite things about traveling - experiencing thick air in other places!

We did stop and go to Jaxson's Ice Cream. 
I can never refuse to put my face in a hole and take a photo.
Next up: Westchester County.  Can't wait!

1 comment:

  1. jaxson's = most of the happy moments from my childhood. best!

    ReplyDelete